This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenCPN pypilot plugin disconnected
Hi all,

I have been playing around with openplotter on a RI4. And after a few months I think I got it working quite well. I am running the latest image of openplotter. I have OpenCPN 5.2.4 running together with pypilot 2.1.1. Not only that, but I am able to send GPS data from OpenCPN to pypilot. I got and Arduino Nano connected (working and detected with SYNC in pypilot) but still have to connect that to the motor controller that I bought from Sean, but all seems well, and I think that won't be an issue. 

However, I do encounter one issue with the pypilot plugin in openCPN. It constantly says it's disconnected. I have it pypilot plugin set in the setting to connect to local host (127.0.0.1) and in the opencpn setting I have a read and write connection to post and read on port 20220 (TCP) on localhost (also tried 127.0.0.1 manually no success). Pypilot nmea0183 is connected to signal K using port 20220 and is reading and writing data (receiving GPS from openCPN and writing compass heading which is retrieved by openCPN). But the pypilot plugin seems to stay disconnected. I know now it is not necessary and will continue my project. Buy for the future i want to create (or buy) as tiny pilot and just use the raspberry for plotting charting and sending headings to tinypilot. And using the plugin would be easier. 

I am running pypilot 0.22.7.0 (I had to download it from cloud smith, the plugin manager of openCPN currently has a bug which i reported to the GIT repository and is being fixed as we speak but i got an alternative to download a tar file which worked and plugin is installed and visible)

Any idea what I am missing?

Messages In This Thread
OpenCPN pypilot plugin disconnected - by SailingRiver - 2021-06-23, 11:59 PM