This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenCPN pypilot plugin disconnected
(2021-06-24, 03:05 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: I believe what you have is the old version of pypilot and the new version of the pypilot opencpn plugin.   This is confusing (even for me) because the openplotter-pypilot plugin version 2.1.1 which is what is installed by openplotter will give you pypilot 0.15.    So you can either update pypilot directly from git, or it would be great if you could try out my improvements to openplotter-pypilot which are currently being evaluated but hopefully this version will be in openplotter soon.

https://github.com/pypilot/openplotter-pypilot

Just use "sudo python3 setup.py install" and then try running openplotter-pypilot and update pypilot.    This gives a bit more control.   If you run into trouble let me know, and if you cannot update pypilot from the gui there just try pulling pypilot directly from git
https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot

again "sudo python3 setup.py install"

This should get everything updated to the new version of pypilot which automatically communicates with signalk (once you grant it read/write permission)

note:  port 20220 is not signalk, it is nmea0183

(2021-06-26, 04:38 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: pypilot does not take arguments, so "pyplot -- autopilot" would do the same as just running "pypilot"

Running pypilot after install (at least without reboot) gives a none function pypilot (NA values). Pypilot -- autopilot should just be used to check if installation worked (first it didn't after refresh it did but pypilot would not start the program). Reboot will help get pypilot functioning again

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenCPN pypilot plugin disconnected - by SailingRiver - 2021-06-26, 04:42 PM