This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenCPN pypilot plugin disconnected
Calibration is not available immediately, it takes some time to load, could this be a potential issue?

It seems like it is getting the data at 20 updates per second.

Now, it may have something to do with open gl drivers? I typically run the pypilot_calibration script on a remote host which is not a pi.

Can you go to the pypilot website (localhost:8000) and in calibration, click on the calibration plot link. See if the web version of calibration works any better. You should also be able to perform calibration from the opencpn plugin as well. Also, check the console of pypilot_calibration for errors. If possible, try these from a different machine too.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, you have uncovered a few small glitches which are now corrected in git. It would be good to find an explanation for the last problem with calibration. I will try to reproduce it as well from a fresh openplotter image.

As for points way out of the globe, likely it just is not calibrated yet. It is hard to say. It can vary widely with changes in position from magnetic objects as well. I will try to reproduce your result from the image.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenCPN pypilot plugin disconnected - by seandepagnier - 2021-07-13, 01:50 AM