This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorcontroller and arduino
(2021-06-26, 12:19 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: You should not use 5v, you must use 3v3 or can damage the pi

Hopefully the serial wiring explains well enough:
https://pypilot.org/schematics/hbridge_datasheet.htm

Hi thanks for you reply but i already viewed that. My question is how do I connect the arduino nano to the motor controller you provided or should I directly link the motorcontroller to the pi? And is i can directly link the motorcontroller to the pi how should i do that? 

I have tried connecting the controller using the pin you give in the diagram enabling uart connecting and assigning uart using pypilot directly and also using serial, but it doesn't recognize anything in pypilot. 

I read almost all forms and i thought you wrote once that connecting to the motor controller using the arduino would be better. I dont know i am kind of at a loss i have been working on this project for a long time now....

Messages In This Thread
Motorcontroller and arduino - by SailingRiver - 2021-06-25, 11:03 PM
RE: Motorcontroller and arduino - by SailingRiver - 2021-06-26, 03:08 AM
RE: Motorcontroller and arduino - by SailingRiver - 2021-06-27, 12:33 AM