This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost License of OESENC MAPS!!!
Hi, maybe you can help me as this is quite a surrealist story.
In April, updating my PI4B to latest OP firmware, kernel, etc, I lost the license of Oesenc maps ( the first one).

It happens to be that if you do any major upgrade in your OP system, you get a new User ID for oesenc and the maps don't work anymore.

I contacted Oesenc people (very kind, by the way) and they explained me that my ID was changed due to the update and that i had lost the license... Fortunately, I still had the second license uninstalled and my maps license hadn't expired yet!´

Following their instructins, i deleted my maps, created a new user for them an did a fresh install of my maps, using my second license.

This week, trying to make my 2 monitors work and the sound back to life ( monitors succeeded, sound still mising after playing around with installation of 2finger click), but what was my surprise that suddenly my maps were no longer valid!!!!! ( I just changed some configurations in Config.txt to allow the PI to detect both monitors and give them their right resolution to each of them.

I contacted again OESENC people, completely unaware, free of any guilt, and what is my surprise when they tell me that my ID has gone back to the first one, so now I lost my second license !!!!!!!!

Angry 

So, now i have to buy a new license (16,5€) and They recommend me to buy USB dongle so no problem with hardware changes,

Any idea if I can make my old maps work again?

Why happens this?

Are you guys aware of this problem? Or am I the most stupid OP user in the world? ( I haven't even sailed with it as I am restoring my boat!!!!!!)

Please help!

I need somebody!

Help!
Shy

Messages In This Thread
Lost License of OESENC MAPS!!! - by aitonos - 2021-07-07, 11:51 PM
RE: Lost License of OESENC MAPS!!! - by aitonos - 2021-07-09, 02:53 PM
RE: Lost License of OESENC MAPS!!! - by rastam4n - 2021-07-09, 02:09 PM
RE: Lost License of OESENC MAPS!!! - by PaddyB - 2021-07-09, 04:15 PM
RE: Lost License of OESENC MAPS!!! - by aitonos - 2021-07-09, 04:33 PM