This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display depth sounder scan data in OpenCPN / SignalK app
Hello every one,

The Garmin GPSMap chart plotter that i'm slowly replacing by OpenPlotter has this display of the sounder data:

It also displays possible fishes when it finds them (although I guess there is some logic involved, not just data).

Assuming that I have NMEA0183 chart plotter's output connected to my RPi (and it's working, since I have depthBelowKeel message available in SignalK), is there any possiblity to have a similar display? 

If this already exists as OpenCPN plugin or SignalK app, and you tell where to find it, that'd be great, but after some research, that doesn't seem to exist, and I don't really understand why.

If I have to code it myself, could you point me out which nmea0183 sentences should I be looking for? Or if they are already handled by SignalK? I promise to share whatever solution I end up coding  Tongue

Well, if it's possible at all, because if it's not done, that could be a reason. 

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Display depth sounder scan data in OpenCPN / SignalK app - by MigGat - 2021-07-16, 12:16 PM