This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controlling wheel with belt or chain - how to disconnect?
(2021-08-25, 06:39 PM)code- Wrote: Anyone have any insight here? I haven't had any experience with commercial wheel drive systems, how do they do it? Some sort of clutch mechanism, or maybe a lever to remove tension from the belt?

I have an old Benmar/Cetek course setter chain drive.  I had 2, but am using one for my chain driven wheel system.  They are not as stingy with power as a window wiper motor, but they do have a mechanical or solenoid clutch built in.  I just wired mine up to the Pypilot. Boom!!!  Plug &Play instant satisfaction worked perfect.  Google it.  I’ll see if I can dig the 2nd one out when I get back to the boat and take pics.  EBay has some of these too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Controlling wheel with belt or chain - how to disconnect? - by andy kopac - 2021-09-07, 08:32 PM