This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting from sctatch
If pypilot somehow costs more in the end of a "commercial equivalent" I would really like to know about it. I guess technically if you buy parts for pypilot it is also commercial.

As mentioned on the forum earlier, the power steering motors are a step up from windshield wiper motors in terms of power, but they do cost a bit more. Most wiper motors will work fine, the thing to look for is universal vs fixed magnet. Only really old ones are universal as far as I know (1970s and before), and although maybe slightly more powerful, they use at least twice as much power which is bad.

I intend for pypilot to be able to run on its own pi using the tinypilot image and distribution. This gives the best reliability because tinycore linux runs completely from ram. It is unfortunately not supported on pi4 just yet however if you intended to use all of the same type of pi, but I should have this in not-too-distant future.

Messages In This Thread
Starting from sctatch - by rfe3 - 2021-08-14, 11:53 AM
RE: Starting from sctatch - by seandepagnier - 2021-08-14, 06:28 PM
RE: Starting from sctatch - by rfe3 - 2021-08-14, 10:18 PM
RE: Starting from sctatch - by seandepagnier - 2021-08-15, 12:48 AM
RE: Starting from sctatch - by rfe3 - 2021-08-16, 07:52 PM
RE: Starting from sctatch - by seandepagnier - 2021-08-16, 08:17 PM