This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Influxdb to Grafana databases
Hi everyone,
     Ok, I have my RPi 4, a USB GPS reciever, a BMP 180 sensor and I have a Motessier Hat 2 that should be here by the end of the week. I've got the RPi st up with the Headless version, that works well and I can login over VNC with no problem. I somehow stumbled through getting the USB GPS to actually work in OpenCPN...
I followed this tutorial https://nwmichl.net/2020/07/14/telegraf-...m-scratch/
in order to set up an Influxdb Database and then link it to Grafana with a Dashboard (monitoring Rpi temps and CPU usage), it actually works...I'm amazed.

So, my question is: In order to set up new databases to monitor environmental data (Baro, Temp, etc...) do I need to go into Influx and create a new Database, and give permissions like I did in the example in the tutorial? I think I do but I haven't read that explicitly anywhere... I am not a programmer by any means...I don't know how I got this far with so few problems...lol...

Another question: When I'm setting up a new Dashboard in Grafana do I need to go into the Configuration>Data sources tabs and pick a new Influxdb source (and name it Influxdb 1, 2 etc...) for each data set or Dashboard that I wand to make or will the one that is currently there (Default) work for everything.
Many thanks,

Rick

Messages In This Thread
Influxdb to Grafana databases - by rfe3 - 2021-09-06, 08:55 AM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by rfe3 - 2021-09-08, 08:48 AM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by PaddyB - 2021-09-10, 12:33 PM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by rfe3 - 2021-09-11, 02:09 PM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by PaddyB - 2021-09-11, 03:03 PM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by rfe3 - 2021-09-11, 03:34 PM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by PaddyB - 2021-09-11, 10:39 PM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by rfe3 - 2021-09-12, 09:54 AM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by PaddyB - 2021-09-12, 10:22 AM