This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
pypilot stopped keeping course.
This year installed Sean's latest pypilot and a new activator.
Put in over 50 hour steering mostly on gps but some on compass and wind.
Worked pretty well with a slight over steer but what is not my reason for posting.
Noticed that on gps was weaving more about +-5 degrees on flat water. It used to keep to about 1 degree. Always stayed within 20 feet. Use it to go about 4 miles down a 150'  channel and figure I was  scaring other boaters as at times headed right at them.

Though I would go out and do some tests on compass.
It was holding course  over 30 degrees off..
I tried a lot of things.
I have saved good settings and nothing worked.
I finally tried "I"  it was zero. Had to bring it up a lot and then it finally did compass course properly.
On my way in was still waving t on gps but had following seas so need to see what happens with less waves.

Any idea what could have changed to  need to add that much "I"?

John

Messages In This Thread
pypilot stopped keeping course. - by johnm - 2021-09-20, 03:53 PM
RE: pypilot stopped keeping cource. - by johnm - 2021-09-22, 01:56 PM
RE: pypilot stopped keeping cource. - by johnm - 2021-09-22, 10:39 PM
RE: pypilot stopped keeping cource. - by johnm - 2021-09-23, 02:48 PM
RE: pypilot stopped keeping cource. - by johnm - 2021-11-02, 10:46 PM
RE: pypilot stopped keeping cource. - by ironman - 2021-09-23, 09:37 AM