This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove Unused Pilots
I am not sure about 0.12 but it's a very old version now. In newer versions the opencpn plugin must also be upgraded, and only the gains of the current pilot are displayed.

You cannot just remove the pilots from the config file, but I also don't think version 0.12 had different pilots so I would check the version more closely. You can disable the pilots in the code, but it's very difficult to support old versions.

Some pilots already are disabled by default because they are still in development.

As for responding quickly. Check servo.speed.min. Make sure it is 100%. This may help a bit. Then you could reduce servo.period to 0.3 maybe... try each change and observe the results. Finally increasing gains can help to an extent, but there is a limitation based on the drive motor you are using. There will be a point where it is not fast enough. Is it able to move the rudder as fast as you can? Most cannot.

More info on the conditions, system and expectations would be interesting. I am glad it works at least some of the time.. is it unusable downwind? Sometimes there is an acceptance of "good enough" to keep the sails full. Sometimes downwind you will achieve much better balance (and speed) polling out the head sail and making the pilot work better.

Messages In This Thread
Remove Unused Pilots - by diverdezzy - 2021-09-25, 02:31 AM
RE: Remove Unused Pilots - by seandepagnier - 2021-09-25, 04:21 AM
RE: Remove Unused Pilots - by diverdezzy - 2021-09-25, 05:09 AM
RE: Remove Unused Pilots - by seandepagnier - 2021-09-25, 06:42 AM