This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove Unused Pilots
It sounds like a difficult test. I am wondering if the gyro signal is saturating. The boat is turned quickly because of a wave, and this would happen with any pilot (that cannot anticipate) but the gyro signal is maxed out for a short time and not fully recognized.

I suggest, increase servo.speed.min and servo.speed.max to 100. You can reduce them in calm conditions to make the motor more quiet. This will give maximum correction. Next increase P, D, and DD gain adjusting slowly and experimenting.

You should be able to get some improvements from adjusting the settings.

Eventually you may need to consider reefing the mainsail or reducing sail to slow down maybe only 0.5 to 1 knots. This makes it much easier for the pilot. I am working on smarter pilots which will anticipate, and learn from past mistakes use video camera (looking at waves and sails) and much more.

You can disable some pilots by removing them (or move them somewhere) then running
. pypilot.build
on the tinypilot

It may be a good idea to clone the sd card first. You can also update the software of pypilot. The new version uses 20hz main loop instead of 10hz so the reaction time is slightly better. Also, you can add "disabled=True" to any pilots to disable without needing to move/delete the file.

Messages In This Thread
Remove Unused Pilots - by diverdezzy - 2021-09-25, 02:31 AM
RE: Remove Unused Pilots - by seandepagnier - 2021-09-25, 04:21 AM
RE: Remove Unused Pilots - by diverdezzy - 2021-09-25, 05:09 AM
RE: Remove Unused Pilots - by seandepagnier - 2021-09-25, 06:42 AM