This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NMEA GPS tor serial GPIO
Big Grin 
hi

I've made a direct connection between a ublox gps unt and the raspberry pi serial GPIO input
for background information see
http://www.instructables.com/id/Read-and...pberry-Pi/

for safety i've connected the u blox to a 3.3 V GPIO pin 

On a Pi3 the serial is ttyS0 and after disabling the console output to s0 it more or less works
Open Plotter occasionaly drops the connection which can be corrected with an action like "restart nmea restart kplex after 5 sec no new data on GPS time signal)

Hi

it seems i've been to quick to cheer
My direct serial connection between a gps and the raspberry pi works, but is unstable
If I check the input with the cutecom terminal program something else is also writing data to the serial input
any suggestions how to disable this signal ?

Nb i have checked the command.txt file the serial console is disabled Angry

Messages In This Thread
NMEA GPS tor serial GPIO - by tkoning - 2016-04-15, 10:35 AM
RE: NMEA GPS tor serial GPIO - by tkoning - 2016-04-15, 11:36 AM
RE: NMEA GPS tor serial GPIO - by Sailoog - 2016-04-18, 11:44 AM
RE: NMEA GPS tor serial GPIO - by e-sailing - 2016-04-24, 10:40 AM
RE: NMEA GPS tor serial GPIO - by tkoning - 2016-04-24, 06:05 PM
RE: NMEA GPS tor serial GPIO - by reinhold - 2016-05-26, 02:49 PM
RE: NMEA GPS tor serial GPIO - by tkoning - 2016-05-28, 05:26 PM
RE: NMEA GPS tor serial GPIO - by e-sailing - 2016-05-26, 08:54 PM