This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinypilot boot failure on pypilot hat with Nokia display
Having had difficulties using the Pypilot Hat that I purchased last year and installed on a Rasberry Pi 3b+ with openplotter, I decided to give Tinypilot a try.  I purchased a Zero W and installed the hat.  I first loaded the recent version of Tinypilot (tinypilot_21122019.img.xz) from the Pypilot.org website.  The system began its boot process and stopped mid way.  I then figured that since my hat is becoming a bit dated, I should try the earlier version tinypilot_21122019.img).  It also stopped mid way in the boot process. 

I got the same errors with both versions.  I couldn't copy it because I was using the Pi and I am using my laptop now.  Basically, I got the following errors:

insmod: can't insert 'mnt/nmcblk0p2/tinypilot/modules/v7_modules/rc-core.ko
invalid module format

The same string was repeated for lirc-dev.ko and lirc.rpi.ko.

Also got SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device

libharfbuzz.so.0 cannot open shared object file. No such file or directory

On the Nokia display it started with the Pypilot 0.12 screen
then
Connect to server 318
Warning: No motor controller (Motor controller is attached) also had WIFI
then
Error: Compass or gyro error

On my earlier posts I was having trouble with the Nokia display.  Now it appears that the Nokia display is working okay but the tinypilot isn't.  I tried loading the sd card using the imager and using the dd command with the same results.

Messages In This Thread
Tinypilot boot failure on pypilot hat with Nokia display - by SVHM - 2021-09-30, 02:22 AM