This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie jumps in - instant problems
(2021-10-08, 04:51 AM)Techstyle Wrote:
(2021-10-07, 11:36 PM)Island_Moose Wrote:
(2021-10-07, 10:44 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: Did you give access to the serial devices ?. Sudo usermod -a -G dialout user-name.

Here's how I wired the connection between the B&G interface and the multiplexer:

I followed the instruction listed here:

Other examples — OpenPlotter 2 documentation

My multiplexer is connected to the Rpi with a usb cable.

It's odd that there isn't a comprehensive guide for connecting to Openplotter with a multiplexer.  Perhaps I just haven't found it, that or the new openplotter suite of apps are meant to be foolproof and don't require detailed instructions.  The link I posted above has a 1/2 dozen steps then immediately move on to discussing outputting data to an autopilot.

The version of Openplotter I downloaded includes RPi OS and I'm not even sure where I would enter commands (sudo)...

Unfortunately, there are not enough users writing up their experiences in in the documentation and it isn’t the developers priority at the moment. If you get it working, perhaps you can publish what model you are using and how you set it up.

The fact you have gps working and not the B&G stuff means one connection is working and, I think, points to the issue being with the the B&G connection. One wire seems funny I think there should be a ground reference TX+ and TX- connected to the multiplexers RX channel. If it doesn’t work, try reversing the polarity

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newbie jumps in - instant problems - by Island_Moose - 2021-10-10, 08:43 PM