This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPi4 not talking to arduino motor driver
(2021-11-26, 01:16 AM)MacleayIslandBruce Wrote: Further to the i2c question, I now added i2c bus3 and have the IMU connected to it. "i2cdetect -y 3" can see the MPU9255 at address 0x68. I have modified ITIMULib.ini to "I2CBus=3" but pypilot_boatimu says IMU not found, also "SPI bus not found" even though BusIsI2C=true. I have also tried setting  "I2CSlaveAddress=68" but no joy. Any suggeestions?

I might be wrong but it looks like you are trying to connect your motor controller into rpi4 with i2c.
I don't think it will work that way since i2c will only work with your gyro and environmental sensors.
The Arduino and HH bridge connection to rpi4 is the serial port
i used pins #17 for 3.3v, #6 for ground 8 and 10 for serial rx / tx.
here are the info for the pypilot own motor controller

https://pypilot.org/schematics/hbridge_datasheet.htm

i have my i2c sensors wired to the 3.3v #1 gpio pin that is why i used #17 instead.
also when you are in the serial setup program you have to give a alias to the device and select nmea 0183 as data. then you go to the connection tab and add connection to pypilot.
I hope it helps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RPi4 not talking to arduino motor driver - by nycz0rullo - 2021-11-26, 03:15 AM