This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depth Sounder + OpenPlotter on Rapsberry 4: How does it work? What parts do I need?
Hello,

I have OpenPlotter installed on a Raspberry 4 and also already connected a few sensors (GPS,temperature, air pressure). Now I would like to integrate a depth sounder. To this topic I ask myself these questions:

1. how does it work with the echosounder with OpenPlotter in principle? Do I import the data for the depth indication in OpenPlotter directly from a transducer? Or do I need a terminal device in addition to the transducer, which interprets the depth data and from which OpenPlotter then fetches the data via NMEA?  

2) Which specific echosounders with in-hull transducers can be integrated into OpenPlotter reasonably easily? (By "easy" I mean that you can do it even as an interested layman who is not a programmer).

Who can help me, an OpenPlotter beginner, with these questions and explain to me how this works and possibly also give me tips on which devices I need?

Many thanks in advance,
Rüdiger

Messages In This Thread
Depth Sounder + OpenPlotter on Rapsberry 4: How does it work? What parts do I need? - by aliento-rvs - 2021-12-06, 03:07 PM