This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Source Priorities
(2022-01-04, 07:18 AM)tkurki Wrote: If you have some sources turned off your data browser and server log screen shots don't really help much.

The source priorities seem ok to me. Please try again. When it works you should be seeing debug lines with false, not just ones with true. As long as the higher prio source is generating data more frequently than the timeout increasing them does not make a difference.

Source priorities is not the only option for you. N2K connections have a source filter that allows you to filter 

- Filter out all messages from a specific Address by entering just the Address.
- Filter out a specific PGN from all devices by entering just the PGN.
- Filter out a specific PGN from a specific Address by entering both.

What computer are you using? Do you have any plugins active? If you are have OpenCpn connected to SK try without it.

I have seen very few reports reported to performance problems even with modest hardware. I'd be interested in tracking down yours further, but I'd much prefer Slack or a Github issue for communication.
http://slack-invite.signalk.org/ 
https://github.com/signalk/signalk-server

Thanks for you reply tkurki

I'm still not seeing any debug lines with false - I'll have another go at that later.

I have tried filtering out PGNs in the N2K connections for now but need to be on the boat, to turn on the plotter, and see how this goes.

I am running a Pi4 running the plugins in the following pic & it is the same with OpenCpn running or not.

Thanks for your help, I'll see how I go with this.

Messages In This Thread
Source Priorities - by Lazzz - 2022-01-03, 02:29 AM
RE: Source Priorities - by tkurki - 2022-01-03, 07:31 AM
RE: Source Priorities - by Lazzz - 2022-01-03, 08:53 AM
RE: Source Priorities - by tkurki - 2022-01-04, 07:18 AM
RE: Source Priorities - by Lazzz - 2022-01-04, 09:23 PM