This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor controller for existing with clutch
More info: Strangely the manual has no info on amp usage only fuse recommendation. 5A for clutch power supply and 30A for motor.
I hooked up to 12V and clutch pulls 1.05A at 14V. Freewheeling motor pulls 1.07. Pushing my thumb on drive pulls 3.44A.
If I run the motor again and if I was able to stop (stall?) the drive with friction, would that tell me the max amps?
The rudder is off the boat so can't do a better load test.
The pypilot motor controller has a clutch output option, but max amps is 15.
I was looking at the high power motor controller, but is suddenly gone. Supply issues I assume. max amps 30 I believe.
The other option is the Pololu G2 High-Power Motor Driver 18v25. It looks like there are outputs for a clutch. Anyone have ideas on this?

Thanks for any help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Motor controller for existing with clutch - by Les Noble - 2022-01-20, 03:26 AM