This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hydraulic pump - convertible top- replacement for linear actuator
Hi,

I have sort of the same problem question. I want to add pypilot to my existing hydraulic steering. 12V hydraulic pumps are very pricy.

My situation
I have an catamaran with hydraulic steering.  The steering wheel is the hydraulic pump with built in reservoir. The rudders are connected via a tiller. A hydraulic ram is mounted to that tiller.

I want to make it like the Schema below (withouth part 3). 
[Image: groupe_electrovanne_simple_com.png]

I want to buy a trailer hydraulic pump like this which is reversible and made for trailers like the picture below. Those units are 300 euro's. My questions are:
Is that feasible and do i forget something?
Can pilot just control the buttons via a relay or directly? It will be on 100% always then. 
Do i need check valve's so that the fluid wont spin the when when the auto pilot is working?

The motorpower is 1.6kw Rated and 3.0 kW max. @12V that is 133/250  Amps. Wonder what the true power draw is for my small cylinder.
I don't like the large fluid container, I want to try to get rid of it since there is already a fluid tank in my wheel. 

[Image: VEVOR-Car-Jack-Hydraulic-Pump-12V-DC-Dou....jpg_.webp]

Now, another option is to use a more regular hydraulic pump like this one: https://www.cactusnav.com/universal-auto...22520.html
That does require a motor driver, but I have to find out the amperage of te system.

Thanks in Advance.

Messages In This Thread
RE: hydraulic pump - convertible top- replacement for linear actuator - by PieterO - 2022-02-10, 02:13 PM