This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
copy data points and convert format in signalk
(2022-03-11, 09:39 AM)cortinaman Wrote: Thank you all, I will try some of this over the weekend.

I was not aware OpenCPN dashboard was looking for 0183 data. In opencpn I only have the default signalk connection on port 3000 and some data are transmitted. But I do notice opencpn shutting down from time to time as mentioned in one of the posts over. I will set up the 0183 plugin in signalk and take it from there.

I will also have to look into node red, I have been avoiding this so far as it seems a bit complicated.

I've had opencpn 5.6 crashing with signalk data as the only input but yet to investigate why, so just use nmea0183 data for now. Enough for my setup, feeds the logbook & dashTactics plugins. ISTR in a manual somewhere having  both signalk & nmea0183 data connections active at the same time is a bad thing... 

Node red is worth a play, seems a bit daunting  but not as complicated as it looks at first, though *really* powerful.

Messages In This Thread
RE: copy data points and convert format in signalk - by PaddyB - 2022-03-11, 12:18 PM