This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction and Getting Started
(2022-05-06, 02:04 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: I dont mind which controller you use, I am only making a comparison so you understand the differences.

My motor controllers have the microprocessor built in and so function as an arduino already.

When I first wrote this post, I knew nothing: I was on the 0th floor at the onset of this endeavor.  I'm no longer on the bottom floor, but certainly not at the top yet.

I think I can drive pin 6 low to put my Arduino / motor.ino (git SHA df6757c290330a49f9d4cf9e57b9d98aae04b0a3) into H-Bridge mode, and then use D9/D10 as left/right, and D2/D3 as L/R-Enable.  I will try that with my low-power computer fan motor (my AP desk dummy).  

But, in the interest of following the happy path to a working system: Where can I find out more about your (@Sean) motor controller(s)? Is there a store where I can just order one?  I looked online, but must be looking in the wrong places. Since the PWM mode on the github motor.ino appears to be tailored for the VNH2SP30, I am guessing your motor controller uses a different arduino sketch.  Is that right?

Thanks!
Adrian

BTW: I could also use some guidance on how to configure the current-sense pins D4 and D5. Does this mean current sense across the shunt at pin 1? And how would I know whether to use 0.01 or 0.05 ohms? I suppose I would use the lower (0.01 ohm) resistance because my motor draws up to 20A - is that right?

Messages In This Thread
Introduction and Getting Started - by vadrian - 2022-05-03, 02:37 PM
RE: Introduction and Getting Started - by vadrian - 2022-05-04, 08:47 PM
RE: Introduction and Getting Started - by vadrian - 2022-05-19, 03:32 AM
RE: Introduction and Getting Started - by ironman - 2022-05-19, 09:18 AM
RE: Introduction and Getting Started - by vadrian - 2022-05-19, 01:09 PM