This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction and Getting Started
Thanks for the info and the link. I did go through the workbook wiki, and refer to it often. For someone with your EE chops, it's probably all very unambiguous and clear, but it's taking me, personally, some time to reach full understanding. I appreciate everyone's patience.

The controller you referenced is for a motor drawing no more than 7A. My motor is rated at 20A, so I would need the larger controller. I suppose I could just obtain the heavier controller and connect it right up to my RPi0 (although then I'd have to invent some other clever purpose for the Arduino and IBT-2 I already have).

Questions about the controller:
* Is it already made or custom-order?
* Is it available?
* What's the lead time?

Questions about the rudder feedback:
* I see the controller has (1) +5v, (2) GND, and (3) the sense voltage. What is the sense voltage range expected by the high-power controller?
* In my installation, the rudder feedback gets (1) +12, (2) GND, (3) sense voltage 1.48<=v<=5.1 (determined experimentally). In my situation, can I feed +12 to my RF100 from some other source and connect only the (2) GND and (3) sense voltage wire input on the controller? (Or will the controller not work properly if the sense is not against the 5v reference it provides?).
* If the answer to the previous question is "no," could you suggest how I can connect my existing rudder feedback to this controller?

Messages In This Thread
Introduction and Getting Started - by vadrian - 2022-05-03, 02:37 PM
RE: Introduction and Getting Started - by vadrian - 2022-05-04, 08:47 PM
RE: Introduction and Getting Started - by vadrian - 2022-05-19, 03:32 AM
RE: Introduction and Getting Started - by ironman - 2022-05-19, 09:18 AM
RE: Introduction and Getting Started - by vadrian - 2022-05-19, 01:09 PM