This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction and Getting Started
The controllers on my website are available. I can ship usually within a week or two from order.

Check the schematics:
https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot_schematics

as for sense voltage. The range is 0-5v, but near the edge of range it will disable feedback. So typically 0.2 to 4.8v would be fine. A lot of times the range of 1-4v is more typical for actual configurations.

It is a little more dangerous to feed 12v from an external source just in case it somehow allows the sense wire to go out of range (above 5v) This is why I suggest using resistors to drop the voltage. For example, output of 5.1v goes to two resistors, say 1k and 5k in series to ground. Then connect the sense of the controller between these resistors. Typical range of resistors to use would be from 1k to 10k. If they are too low the rudder feedback will supply too much current, if too high, the other resistors (see schematic) will dominate. You could also potentially add diodes for protection.

Messages In This Thread
Introduction and Getting Started - by vadrian - 2022-05-03, 02:37 PM
RE: Introduction and Getting Started - by vadrian - 2022-05-04, 08:47 PM
RE: Introduction and Getting Started - by vadrian - 2022-05-19, 03:32 AM
RE: Introduction and Getting Started - by ironman - 2022-05-19, 09:18 AM
RE: Introduction and Getting Started - by vadrian - 2022-05-19, 01:09 PM
RE: Introduction and Getting Started - by seandepagnier - 2022-05-19, 01:32 PM