This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinypilot update
Sorry if the question seems obvious for most of the users, but I want to share for beginners like me.

On the Pypilot.org website, Sean says that it is possible to make a copy of the pypilot.conf file before an upgrade and to replace the embedded file with the new version to avoid having to enter settings, especially the calibration of the accelerometers.

This is what I did when I upgraded from version 0.24 installed on the equipment I bought from Sean to version 0.32. But I spent hours trying to understand why the modifications of the parameters were not kept when the Tinypilot was stopped. In fact, the file of this new version is different from the old one because of the introduction of new parameters, and the file is not recognized. You should therefore avoid this solution and simply note the parameters to inform the new version.

I suggest a modification of the related information on the site, of course when Sean will get the time to do it, and maybe add a line in the nice Ironman's workbook.

Many thanks again to Sean and others contributors for this wonderful tool.

Messages In This Thread
Tinypilot update - by Erickalon - 2022-05-19, 04:31 PM
RE: Tinypilot update - by ironman - 2022-05-20, 10:21 AM
RE: Tinypilot update - by Erickalon - 2022-05-20, 10:08 PM
RE: Tinypilot update - by ironman - 2022-05-20, 11:22 PM
RE: Tinypilot update - by Erickalon - 2022-05-21, 01:56 PM
RE: Tinypilot update - by seandepagnier - 2022-05-21, 07:28 PM
RE: Tinypilot update - by Erickalon - 2022-05-22, 11:43 AM
RE: Tinypilot update - by seandepagnier - 2022-05-24, 04:15 PM