This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot compass calibration getting lost
Hi,  I have just updated my system to OpenCPN 5.6.2 with Pypilot Plugin 0.34.4.0 and the latest Pypilot version from Github.  All seems to be working fine but every time I re-start Pypilot I have to re-calibrate the compass as all the previous data shown on the plugin calibration page is zero.  Pypilot is definitely reading data from pypilot.conf; I can stop pypilot, edit pypilot.conf eg by changing imu.compass.calibration from false to true, then restart pypilot and the true box is ticked on the plugin calibration page.  However if I untick the locked box, then stop pypilot and look at the .conf file, the imu.compass.calibration is still set to true.  So it would appear that the .conf file is not being updated when changes are made using the plugin.  
All the other data in the .conf file (gains etc) seem to be updated OK. 
One other quick question: pypilot, pypilot.boayimu and pypilot.web are set up as services but pypilot_hat is not.  I have added a new file in /.config/autostart to run it at startup, but would it be better to run it as a service?
Many thanks
David

Messages In This Thread
Pypilot compass calibration getting lost - by drbarritt - 2022-07-24, 03:57 PM