This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone considered trying a Framework Laptop motherboard?
I know there is a pretty big price difference between an RPi4 at ~$40 and a Framework MB at $350, but you get a full Core i5 and a lot of expandability with USB3/thunderbolt ports.  It is also a bit more modular, allowing you to choose (and later upgrade if desired) how much RAM and M.2 NVMe storage as well as M.2 2230 WiFi modules.  

The motherboards were designed intentionally to run outside the laptop so that when upgrading your laptop the motherboards can continue to be useful.  Framework has even published a set of 3d printable files to house the motherboard in a non-laptop form.  

Additionally the Framework team designed it to be very Linux friendly.  When I can manage it I plan on trying it out. Is this interesting to anyone else?

Messages In This Thread
Has anyone considered trying a Framework Laptop motherboard? - by slick8086 - 2022-09-02, 07:56 PM