This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
openplotter-pypilot 3.x.x beta released
If that's ok with you two guys, I'll update the workbook with the openplotter release as first option, mentioning Sean's github as good alternative and identifying the differences, pros and cons for the time being, pending the merge.

Whereas I saw the openplotter distribution as a good learning experience, and the tinypilot distribution as the only reliable solution to go out sailing with, the deck has been somewhat shuffled, now pizero's are practically impossible to get. An openplotter instance on a pi4 with only pypilot on it seems to become the de facto way to build a pypilot system in these days. Drawbacks are obviously the windowing UI and the OS usage of the SD-card, resulting in decreased reliability and much increased power consumption. Am I the only one to see this, or are there other options that are worth mentioning?

Messages In This Thread
RE: openplotter-pypilot 3.x.x beta released - by ironman - 2022-09-19, 12:43 PM