This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
openplotter-pypilot 3.x.x beta released
I just cloned https://github.com/pypilot/openplotter-pypilot onto a brand new openplotter 3 image and installed it with sudo python3 setup.py install, and it ran without any major surprises - as systemd services, and the hat service starting without hat hardware. Service can also be started manually, and I could also run pypilot at the prompt for debugging purposes. So it had everything I expected!

Only things were that
- Bottom bar check mentioned that 'hardware serial needed to be enabled', even though I had enabled it in raspi-config and rebooted afterwards. This needed to be done in openplotter-serial (UART0), but the message was not clear.
- There were 3 access request in signalk, but only 1 worked ('ip': '::ffff:192.168.178.96'). Note that I have eth0 connected and tcp6 present in my home network.
- There was a recurring error in the on-screen build log that looked ugly (see below). I don't like errors that I should ignore. False negatives lead to ignoring true negatives.
- I could not scroll back in the on-screen build log nor copy text from it.

But the bottom line is that from my point I can definitely see convergence. Keep up the good work!

[Image: 191850350-ce8ca22d-157e-4142-a1b1-05f492806dcc.png]

[Image: 191849990-b891f055-8172-4059-a19f-31d1e6953f83.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: openplotter-pypilot 3.x.x beta released - by ironman - 2022-09-22, 09:58 PM