This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinypilot on Pi Zero (non-wifi) to replace ST2000+ controller
Greetings from New Zealand!

I have been planning to replace the faulty controller of my ST2000+ with Pypilot & intend to do a fully integrated 'headless' setup (inspired by the great work of Ironman) with buttons & screen, running Pypilot on TinyPilot on a Pi Zero.  Due to hardware unavailability I’ve only been able to source a Pi Zero (non-wifi), which I've read is theoretically compatible with Tinypilot.  I'm new to Pypilot & understand I've a steep learning curve ahead (fairly new to Raspberry Pi), but I'm a keen engineer & will do my best to solve problems independently before asking here for support.

My questions are:
  • Has anyone successfully run Tinypilot on a non-wireless zero, & if so do you have any advice or could point me to some literature to help me through it?
  • Any tips for establishing an SSH connection over USB from a PC?  (Win10).  I thought this might be a convenient alternative to Wifi while I get familiar with Pypilot.  I’ve successfully SSH’d into Raspberry Pi OS on the zero, but with the Tinypilot image the hardware is not recognised at all.

Thus far, I have loaded the image ‘tinypilot_2021_11_16.img.xz’ & connected a monitor to see what’s going on.  It seems to run but I see a few errors -

insmod: can't insert '/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tinypilot/modules/v7_modules/rc-core.ko': invalid module format
insmod: can't insert [i]'/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tinypilot/modules/v7_modules/lirc_dev.ko': invalid module format[/i]
insmod: can't insert [i]'/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tinypilot/modules/v7_modules/lirc_rpi.ko': invalid module format[/i]
ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
dnsmasq: unknown interface wlan0    This one keeps repeating, obviously related to the non-existent wireless adapter.

Any support greatly appreciated!  Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Tinypilot on Pi Zero (non-wifi) to replace ST2000+ controller - by jmj88 - 2023-03-28, 12:48 AM