This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinypilot on Pi Zero (non-wifi) to replace ST2000+ controller
Thanks for the ideas guys! To clarify I was hoping to use the USB port as Ethernet rather than a separate adapter (works for standard Raspbian OS).

It sounds like installing the extension could perhaps be done directly from the tiny core terminal (with a screen & usb keyboard plugged in with an OTG adapter) once I can get the tcz file on, & that’s where the current challenge is. I’ve been attempting access the SD card on a Win10 laptop via Windows WSL but not quite there yet. I also read that Android should be able to read ext partitions but initial attempts on an old android phone have been unsuccessful (can only see the piCore partition). The USB card reader or wireless adapter ideas sound good - I guess I’d need a hub so that I can also plug a keyboard in. The other 2 options are a spare Pi (I unfortunately don’t have one) or the bootable Linux USB - might see how I go with that next.

Just today I got a lead on a Zero W from a supplier who has come into some stock so I’m going to try & get hold of it which will simplify things somewhat! For my own learning I’m still keen to get the non-Zero working, so I’ll persevere in parallel.

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tinypilot on Pi Zero (non-wifi) to replace ST2000+ controller - by jmj88 - 2023-03-31, 11:01 AM