This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinypilot on Pi Zero (non-wifi) to replace ST2000+ controller
(2023-03-31, 03:09 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: can you fit the tcz on the boot partition that you can access?

Good point, yes I can.  Today I copied the "net-usb-4.9.22.tcz" file to piCore (FAT32) partition & while I was at it created the onboot.lst file.  Plugged in HDMI, OTG adapter, USB keyboard dongle & power.  Pi started up fine, but I've realised I'm not seeing the standard terminal so I'm a bit stuck.  My presumption was that I could run 'cp' commands to copy to the appropriate partition.  Mashing keyboard buttons & 'Ctrl+C' etc doesn't seem to do anything.  Possibly no drivers for a wireless keyboard, or I'm just really missing something.

Anyway I've ordered that Zero W from a local supplier who's come into stock - sticking with the standard hardware is probably best given my skills (or lack thereof).  Hopefully should have something up & running in a week or so.

Cheers for the support

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tinypilot on Pi Zero (non-wifi) to replace ST2000+ controller - by jmj88 - 2023-04-01, 07:45 AM