This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Documentation Project I did start a complete documentation to 120 languages
Hi is my first posting here and i hope i am correct.

I did start a complete documentation first from English to German. It's my mother language.

I put it to a system that translate backwards and store it in MYSQL database to 120 Languages. For this i use 4 different translator engines. For the moment the English language sucks and is like i read English translation with google translator but no worry about this. As soon the German translation ids finished i will start with help of my wife who is romanian the complete translation to romanian language from German, because she do not speak english.

Every translation will be seperate in small phrases and can be easyly like in wikipedia translate to arround 120 languages. also seldom languages like caribean.
There is no restriction and can be corect easy online without any registration. so it neads later just a copy and paste and also if someone reads in his own language can improve the translation.

Now some things i need. The project is going on and some parts are empty and also some parts are outdate. Can someone complete and proof it in next time. Because its CC-by-SA all this was possible so i could adapt some phrases to german culture and grammar. I say its a free translation with little differences. German is complete arround 75 % now.

Most problem to use and start a project is that programmers dislike documentations , because they are advanced and know what they wish. But good dokumentation have the same level and needs like programming if you like to have a productive usefull system and most users do not speak english and so they pass the project.

Hope it will be soon available.

I use another domain where you can play with it. Not on my openplotter documentation page.

go to

http://tocan.de 

there you click on the flag of yours language. all the page is written in German so the english will suck. Smile Smile

if you point the edit box you see green red and yellow buttons. green means a human did translate, red no translation exists, yellow e robot did translate the phrase.

if green and you think a better translation is possible klick an correct.
if you click on one of the collored buttons than a popup appears and you see the german text and below the translation and on the fly you can correct or use other engines for help or can correct spelling mistakes like special language characters. with the arrow you store yours translation.

Its important not to translate absolute correct the original because of the phrases you can chose a free more better style in yours languages.

https://tocan.de/faq/

i will point later at each page to the official english translation andf correct the links.

Another word i plan to put a phone system inside my openplotter installation with asterisk that can be used for free international calls as long you have internet 
to any phone number. 

Also i plan because its more familiar for me a big part of the home automation to use FHEM what is widely used in germany and is flexible for lights and so on.

Be patient my server is very slow for the moment. If you get errors by database just try some minutes later.

Most important is for the moment to review documentation to the new openplotter versions and complete it.

Thanks Wilfried

Messages In This Thread
Documentation Project I did start a complete documentation to 120 languages - by tocan - 2017-04-25, 10:23 AM