This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Documentation Project I did start a complete documentation to 120 languages
(2017-05-02, 01:58 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: @tocan: had a look at your site but your servers is v e r  y slow.

I like your initiative and suggest, as you are obviously also an op user to help improving the manual. Language variants are definitely a bonus but I bet sailoog is currently more than busy to get the signalK version finished and from an alfa to a release state. I took this as the explanation for myself why some chapters are obviously out of date.

We all should help him with updated descriptions etc - me included - once we have gained some insight on undocumented functions.

So please stay patient and don't give up!

That's just my 2cents Smile

Smile Yes server is running slow and i donot know how tokeep mysql to stop to take near 100% CPU. Because the new content every day also in a lot of languages translate with several robots the spiders of the search engines suck what they get.

See i did read several interviews that openplotter is done of 2 men only and it takes their time complete.Also he did announce to give the documentationinto the hands of the community what is fair enough but i do not see them. totake 2 weeks for an answer to my topic and a lot of others means no realy acting helpers are there. If he is ready others take it, because its free, but this is not the sense of opensource, the cathedral and the bazar and the GPL. Here i am a bit old fashioned and i think the git force more the doing allone than to run a software and hardware together to a better piece.

In the new shop for example he offers the new highly improved RTL-SDR V3 with a lot of improvements against the simple DVB-T stick. I gave my wife this new stick and asked her to implement in Open Plotter. She was not able to keep it running. Inside the documentation still DVB-T is explained. Nothing about the improvements. I bought the Hub like it was in the documentation. This hub the chinese ship with 1A and this is not enough if you wish high quality and run the pi and board computer stabile without to risc a data crash. Some poor diodes inside just. And so on... A the cheap DVB-T my wife gets to run with a 2 hours help.

I see it so. No programmer likes to write documentation and if they do it than its not the level of someone that is a starter.

I am not able in programming and have no idea of electronics. But i like some projects like FHEM a pearl software for homeautomation and its designed to eat all. From base as i understand similar to signal k http://www.fhem.de

some videos tell you more

I like to notice that the FHEM project have thousands of supporters and i think because of flexability it will be an easy stuff with a good documentation to make them interest to push the data from openplotter or signal k to fhem and opposite. the most are intensive bloggers and the resource are realy heavy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Documentation Project I did start a complete documentation to 120 languages - by tocan - 2017-05-03, 02:18 AM