This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Documentation Project I did start a complete documentation to 120 languages
(2017-05-03, 10:54 AM)tocan Wrote:
(2017-05-03, 09:31 AM)shark24 Wrote: Hey tocan,
I'm sorry to say this but your idea off translating into 120 languages sounds like pure actionism to me. You and your wife busily post your website in forums but no one is able to use it. From my point of view you follow the 90's Web 1.0 spirit of placing every useless feature you can find on your site. It's about content quality not quantity. If you want to help, focus and do a good job and your work will be appreciated.
No hard feelings I respect your affort

Nice to provoke yours first statement here as far as i see. I like wordpress first and in my opinion and experience its important to publish in the mother language. Not in English! But my offer is to make a robot translation and give the possibility to improve it. I did decide  at the moment to use openplotter because fits my needs for river travel from netherland to romania.

To the content of my page. Its written first for me and my documentation. For this it needs no focus. If i wish to sew something for example you will not find much resources in German language so for me i did try a step by step and just did document it. Shure i prefer the cathedral and bazar method so nothing is useless and its the maintainers and his helpers point of view of point to sort it out to keep the quality.

My private pc did crash and last night i did check the cpu load of the servers mysql and the page runs a little better. Anyways i run a multisite instalation with DNS-SEC and so the answers take a little bit longer. But is more reasonable now.

My offer to help here inside the project is just to translate the documentation to german and romanian language. And i will post how i run things for me and my needs and how i do configure on my page in cc-by-sa what makes it easy to take the good content nothing else. to sort out what is quality there and fit yours needs you decide and others decide different.

i think its not my passion to run the nowadays web 3.0 what is focused to only consume and nothing to give back, anonymous and hidden.

If you wish to help, stay active and post yours findings how you did it and not just consume in the background, hidden and anonymous. Minimum i will appreciate it.

Wilfried

It was not my intention to insult you just to give you an impression of my thoughts when i red this topics title. Sorry if I was too rough. I am new to subject (RPI) currently working on node red with johnny-five, which is hard for me because of the imho bad documentation of it. So I'm really respecting your work. If I produce anything worth sharing I will do so like I did before in other projects.

Best
Daniel

Messages In This Thread
RE: Documentation Project I did start a complete documentation to 120 languages - by shark24 - 2017-05-03, 01:58 PM