This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Documentation Project I did start a complete documentation to 120 languages
Tocan, I do not dislike documentation at all. I am aware how important doc is but... in the morningĀ I am collaborating with http://o-charts.org project to provide low cost charts for OpenCPN. In the afternoon I have to write code for openplotter, reply dozens of daily emails, send orders to shop customers, search for reliable providers, buy and test new hardware, write documentation, read forums and try to sail and live...

If you do not see changes on github or on this forum and others, do not think we are not working. No offense but you should have asked before saying that. Take a look at the beta branch of OP and see statistics or go to Dutch forums. Netherlanders are the most active community and they are also holding their horses with translations because we do not have a good documentation and we know it.

Since only e-sailing is pushing code and writing documentation I think there is too much work for 2 persons so we need to set priorities and the first one is obviously coding and finishing the stable version. Do not forget that this is a project on construction. You are right, now this is not a project for newbies because there is not a good doc for them yet, now this is for advanced users and not advanced but curious.

This project will go forward as more people is involved so you are really welcome to the team, I hope you have as free time as it seems to me that you have Smile

Documentation and translations are almost as important as people testing changes (we really appreciate that guys) but first of all you need something to translate so our priority is to update and write the source in English. English is not our language (mine is Catalan) so probably we will need corrections too.

If you agree I will create a new forum here to allow people to collaborate writing doc and translations, some kind of tag system to mark chapters as complete/needs development/needs update. We prefer to have officials translations on gitbook but your page could be a good extra resource or the source for officials translations.

Some tips about your page...

It is really really slow. Where is your server? are you sure is not a bandwidth issue? it takes minimum 20 second to charge any page.

I have not been able to find the openplotter translations and I have to admit that I have not understood the concept. Yes I know, I am an stressed man and probably I have not invested the necessary time but Internet is plenty of impatient users too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Documentation Project I did start a complete documentation to 120 languages - by Sailoog - 2017-05-09, 06:05 PM