This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Documentation Project I did start a complete documentation to 120 languages
(2017-05-04, 01:43 PM)tocan Wrote: I saw in the documentation some copyright problems. So where taken pictures from Wikipedea, what are for shure not under CC-BY-SA license also if you take pictures from there you have to give the credits.

I talk about the picture NMEA 2000 the boat what is from there. You find it in arround 20000 illegal copies. History -> Was taken by a robot that search CC lizensed pictures and upload them to Wikipedia in the time arround 2010 it was done without further provment. I did follow up to the company that have realy the copyright and did phone with them yesterday and they will do a provement. So it should be not used. Maybee someone have skills to make something nice similar.

You are wrong. This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Generic license.

I modified and included this picture into the documentation but forgot to add the source, now it is done: https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...stick.html

Thanks to point me on this. You should phone again the author and recommend him that do not upload anything to wikimedia without reading the terms.

The Wikimedia Foundation owns almost none of the content on Wikimedia sites — the content is owned, instead, by the individual creators of it. However, almost all content hosted on Wikimedia Commons may be freely reused subject to certain restrictions (in many cases). You do not need to obtain a specific statement of permission from the licensor(s) of the content unless you wish to use the work under different terms than the license states.

Content under open content licenses may be reused without any need to contact the licensor(s), but just keep in mind that:
  • some licenses require that the original creator be attributed;
  • some licenses require that the specific license be identified when reusing (including, in some cases, stating or linking to the terms of the license);
  • some licenses require that if you modify the work, your modifications must also be similarly freely licensed

Messages In This Thread
RE: Documentation Project I did start a complete documentation to 120 languages - by Sailoog - 2017-05-11, 04:44 PM