This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
updates and update of serial 3.3 and serialk server 2.0.
I'm really curious about the issue I had with upgrading serial to 3.0, and signalk to ver 2.0. was at the boat the other day, and was trying to get the influxdb to try to make graphs. the program does not display properly on my 7" monitor. gave up, and,since firefox was not on the backup chip, and I had a spare backup chip, decide to be curious and try some debugging. tried to use the firefox install commands you gave me earlier, and it appeared to time out. tried just sudo install firefox-esr, same thing. So I hooked my phone up as a hotspot and connect to the pi. tried the command you gave, and it timed out I believe. Tried just the sudo install firefox-esr and it worked. Now the command you gave me worked at home on the high speed network. Obviously, the marina signal is too weak for some things. and my cell connection.
Got the instrument panel going in firefox, everything was good. tried the influx again, in firefox no difference.
I then did the serial 3 update for curiosity. and then to signalk 2. things seemed to be working still.
I rebooted the Pi. ( often when I get to the boat, it's locked up, and unresponsive. only thing I can do is pull the power to get it going again).
when it rebooted, no data from the network, I2C was there. on the dashboard, i get a ttyusb0 not connected message now. went through every setting, and they looked right. tried the serial communications and everything looked normal. if i tried to do anything got a message that it was running.
looking for some suggestions to look at. have two more chips on order to make backups before I try anything else.
Alan

Messages In This Thread
RE: updates and update of serial 3.3 and serialk server 2.0. - by amckeown - 2023-07-13, 06:36 PM