This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to connect Openplotter-Pypilot to a second SignalK-Server?
Hi everybody,

maybe someone of you knows the solution to my problem, I'm getting desperate:
I have an openplotter pypilot with the fixed IP address 10.10.10.111. There is a SignalK server set up with port 3001.

On a second Raspberry runs another SignalK server, on which among other things via USB GPS data and AvNav runs as a navigation app, this server runs on port 3000.

On a freshly set up system, Pypilot requests a connection on both SignalK servers, which I confirm via approve.

This works so far, on the navigation server runs data from pypilot, for example "heading" or "roll".
On the Pypilot SignalK server, however, I only receive the GPS data if I set the NMEA client to the navigation server address (10.10.10.100) with port 10110 in the configuration of Pypilot.

And obviously Pypilot does not accept any data from its SignalK server that shows up in its in the Databrowser. I managed to get APB datasets from AvNav to the Pypilot SignalK server via port 28628, unfortunately without effect.
The APB and RMB records of the Navigation SignalK server are obviously also ignored by Pypilot, despite the correct client address.
Therefore no data for a route can be transferred to Pypilot.

So my question: How do I set up the data connections between 2 SignalK servers so that the Openplotter Pypilot app also responds to active routes?

Thanks a lot!

Michael

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Messages In This Thread
How to connect Openplotter-Pypilot to a second SignalK-Server? - by Moeritsen - 2023-08-15, 05:33 PM