This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
open plotter on Pi zero W
(2017-05-12, 05:00 PM)Sailoog Wrote: openplotter is not compatible with raspberry 1 and zero because opencpn is not usable and nodejs has a lot of problems.

In Genaral you are right, but he can do a lot of things with this pi and money is not lost.

I see it so :-) He can start a wonderfull side project for Openplotter:

Some ideas just:

Boat Drone
There is OpenPlotter ... NMEA0183 ... install the Pi zero in a drone and give him a RTL-SDR ... The frequency of planes are nearly the same than for AIS .... 50 meters in the Sky you will have a very good range to receive AIS Signals and push them with Signal K to the Boat RPI. 

My stupid idea is there: A sailboat have not much place for landing a drone and you should be very good to let them land. Something like this: Ublox 7 for GPS and a low energy 

Yours profit are to use signal k as something it was designed for.
Comunication with several implementation. In a bulk of boats you can send display of one boat to the other all meshures of the other boat like oilpresure, speed, temperature you can see.

A drone can be a beautiful thing to use preconfigured routes. Its something like a fun project...

But if success a lot of people come here and will help to improve openplotter. The interest in boats or sailboats and new solutions will force the project here. I just share keywords in my answer here for brainstorming.

Messages In This Thread
open plotter on Pi zero W - by Sprokkie - 2017-05-12, 08:36 AM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by Sailoog - 2017-05-12, 05:00 PM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by tocan - 2017-05-12, 07:28 PM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by seandepagnier - 2017-06-18, 02:19 PM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by kabudu - 2018-02-07, 03:39 PM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by seandepagnier - 2018-02-07, 06:17 PM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by JD1 - 2017-07-07, 08:42 PM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by Sailoog - 2017-07-08, 11:25 PM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by JD1 - 2017-07-09, 12:03 AM