This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather change alert with Node-red
Well it's hard to tell because it depends on the persons skills... I have just finished a simplified solution that is working for me but it took me some hours because all of this stuff is not my daily routine and it always takes me some time to get into it.
My test setup is a Wemos D1 mini, which is flashed with ESP Easy. It measures air pressure via a BME280 sensor and forwards the data to a MQTT broker running on my RPi. Node red (also on the RPi) collects the data and writes it to a MySQL database. For the test I've used my own online server but you can run MariaDB or something similar on your pi for an offline version or use a txt-file (but I would prefer a DB). Now select the data from one and three hours ago from the DB and compare them to your live data. To smoothen your data you can use some basic statistical analysis methods like a linear regression. The slope of the regression line tells you how fast the air pressure is changing. You can transform your values e.g. 1,3hPa/h to a certain slope of the line and use the values for alerts as well. Of course this reacts slower to quickly dropping air pressure than the comparison of the raw values. It's just a simple idea for a different approach to analyse your data.
All this can be done in node red but you have to be able to set up a basic database and communicate with it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weather change alert with Node-red - by shark24 - 2017-06-10, 10:23 AM