This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch Connections
I am having trouble with how to connect a 12v clutch that will allow the wheel and rudder to turn while autopilot is not operating.  The schematics have two connections for clutch at pins 1 and 2 of J10 on the controller.  I also see one connection labelled MOSI (PB3) which has a clutch output, I think.  However, I don't see see a connection for a switch where all the other switches would connect on the Tinypilot. 

I may be misunderstanding the whole idea of a clutch.  I am thinking that it is the equivalent of engaging the belt tension lever on a wheel pilot.  That being said, I can imagine just wiring up a switch to positive and attaching a positive and negative to a 12v clutch motor, such as one like on an air conditioner pump.  That would not need anything to go through the computer. 

Are there some additional functions to a clutch that I am missing that would necessitate a connection to the computer?  Also, what are the connections on the switch side and the clutch side?

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Clutch Connections - by SVHM - 2023-12-13, 02:29 AM
RE: Clutch Connections - by seandepagnier - 2023-12-13, 08:16 PM
RE: Clutch Connections - by SVHM - 2023-12-28, 02:57 PM
RE: Clutch Connections - by ironman - 2023-12-28, 05:20 PM
RE: Clutch Connections - by SVHM - 2023-12-29, 02:54 AM
RE: Clutch Connections - by seandepagnier - 2023-12-29, 12:30 AM
RE: Clutch Connections - by SVHM - 2023-12-29, 01:11 AM
RE: Clutch Connections - by seandepagnier - 2024-01-01, 05:39 AM