This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help need for Europe river charts
Hi toscan,

my home spot is the river Rhine. If I can give you one advise for your journey it's this: Don't trust any map of a river. The rivers are constantly changing and even the official ENC charts wont help at all. The maps create an illusion of safety but keep in mind that even big rocks in the Rhine aren't completely mapped and with the constantly changing water level you can hit em pretty badly.
If you create custom maps mark useful spots around the rivers like gas-stations, supermarkets, etc.
If you got hands on an android phone install the free app "navigator". It helps you to download the free osm maps so you can easily look for a doctor or a place to have dinner, etc. without internet connection. If you got this for general guidance on your trip I personally don't see any use in the river maps. Look out for the buoys and even more important look out for the water surface.

Messages In This Thread
Help need for Europe river charts - by tocan - 2017-05-21, 01:43 PM
RE: Help need for Europe river charts - by PaddyB - 2017-05-21, 01:53 PM
RE: Help need for Europe river charts - by shark24 - 2017-05-21, 03:20 PM
RE: Help need for Europe river charts - by tocan - 2017-05-21, 05:53 PM
RE: Help need for Europe river charts - by tocan - 2017-06-06, 10:24 AM