This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SenseHat and Nodered-freeboard
Hi all.
My name is Benjamin. I'm a marine electrician, who is working with a project onboard my own boat. I'm very good at the electrics and electronic, but when it comes to coding... well... 

I can start explaining my project:

I would like to make a digital experience in the boat. I have now a Raspberry PI 3 running OpenPlotter with a sensehat attatch. The Raspberry will be mounted in the saloon and will be the main gateway for signalK and NodeRed. 

In the aft cabin I will have a Raspberry Pi with 7" touchscreen running Jessie and install OpenCPN. It is the main cabin so I like to see whats going on outside when i'm not on watch.

In the navigationarea there will be a Raspberry Pi running Plex Media Server, A denkovi swichboard(https://denkovi.com/internet-ethernet-12...o-snmp-web), and the router. Everything, exept the tablets will be wirered together with ethernetcable.

Outside I have a Garmin radar on ethernet and a Garmin 4012 on ethernet too. 

The idea is, that with a tablet I'll have access to the freeboard wireless and be able to control lights, fridge, pumps and so on. I'll also have access to the Plex Server with all our movies. And offcourse the OpenCPN. 

A little tablet, like the iPhone touch, will be at the toilet to view tankstate and control of the electric toilet ect ect ect...

Right now im working on the one with OpenPlotter. I would like to get access to a dashboard in nodered like the freeboard, where I can see wind(speed and direction), boat speed over ground, temperature inside(sensehat), humidity(sensehat) and pressure(sensehat). 

Know I came to the first problem. 

How the F*** do I get the information from my sensehat to the Freeboard? Wink
I've tryed allmost everything in my mind and search hundreds of webpages without answer Sad

Next; I have no clue about how to control the swichboard using nodeRED. i would like a dashboard with 12 swiches.. 

Do anybody have the time to help get going? Please?

I've tryet a lot on my own and came nowhere....

Messages In This Thread
SenseHat and Nodered-freeboard - by benjamingotke - 2017-06-22, 01:11 PM
RE: SenseHat and Nodered-freeboard - by PaddyB - 2017-06-23, 07:43 AM