This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
getting nmea0183 data for dummies!
(2017-07-01, 08:32 PM)Pkarl45 Wrote: I just wanted to tell you that it works!! I did as abarrow said, and now, I receive signals from the plotter (gps, depht, wind etc..). I use a seperate computer with another navigation program and it get the information from the openplotter just perfect. So, now I only need to figure out how to send information to the autopilot....
Anyway, thanks for your help.
//Patrik

Great news. Im going to take another look at my 300 course computer to see if will also bridge like your plotter.

You now just need a USB/Serial connection between your Openplotter Pi and your Chartplotter.
The AP example configuration in OP (NMEA 0183 tab) works with my ST7002 autopilot.
The create a route or do a navigate to in Opencpn and you are away

Messages In This Thread
getting nmea0183 data for dummies! - by Pkarl45 - 2017-06-28, 02:51 PM
RE: getting nmea0183 data for dummies! - by affinite - 2017-07-01, 10:27 PM