This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pi refuses connection for Node Red and Dahboard
Ok, so I screwed up ....

The settings.js file contains this section
// Node-RED scans the `nodes` directory in the install directory to find nodes.
// The following property can be used to specify an additional directory to scan.
//nodesDir: '/home/nol/.node-red/nodes',

So I added

nodesDir: '/home/pi/.node-red/add.nodes'

and somehow that screwed everything up ..... could be because there is no ',' at the end of the line I added.
Why the heck it screwed up where it did, I have no clue (yeah, I know, common theme with me)

I thought I had rebooted after the original change but obviously I did not. When I had unrelated issues and rebooted the pi, this gem decided to rear it's ugly head Sad
The line was removed and all is well again

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pi refuses connection for Node Red and Dahboard - by JD1 - 2017-07-14, 09:13 PM