This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first Live demo of a Wifi solar- and battery monitor in OpenPlotter
With a virtual serialport i can get data all over the year and can handle them also if i far away. i will have changes in my boat i need not to bring in long cables for connetions. Try a vitron to use wireless with blutooth and you will have any failure. My intention is to go the way directely in the signal k server without wires. my intention is that i use different systems and i understand this as an addon.

The demo is a first step. and next step is to bring the mysql stored data to signal k and from there for example to wilhelm sk what i plan to integrate. unfortunal in this way i can seperate opencpn because its nearly useless for my at the rivers in europe.

i use openplotter for the moment mainly as base platform as an underground. switches and sensors i will do with fhem. and if i got the data in signal kall will be good.

yesterday i did look the first time to make it online and did integrate sonoff devies as switch.

main fact is that i installed alexa on a windows pc now. i did not bought a device. i will as a next step in next 6 weeks integrate it in raspberry. as you have seen in the videos that esp-link have mqtt integrated.

but i never did something with mqtt now and also node red. and i hope with this forum for a step by step advice to get. current data are stored in mysql database and maybee someone helps me to bring this data to node red and mqtt as a step by step instruction and help.

shark bring 50 sensors and 50 switches with cable to yours GPIO and if there is a failure find out where there is the mistake and do it via the internet.

if i am 3000 km away and the mother of my wife forgot in september to switch of the fridge or something is than i like to do it over the internet. i an phone to my boat and push a code in and all is done. Also if there is no internet available.

OK than anwer please how to get the data from esp to mosquito and than to the pi and how you do it bring than in signal k.

this is one step for current data. i work with history data this can be another approach. for me the epever manage internal the batteries and i canwork also with a shunt battery monitor.

what i need now is help to get the stored data to node red and signal k. rest is just question of personal phylosophy.

i think in majority users have solar on their boat and there is nothing integrate and no solution in openplotter available for monitoring and the relay and switch section is also empty. tell me a way how you will do this. for the moment its so that i did compare my solution with a victron solution and i think i get more for the half of the price. i do not see a big difference to take the modbus data out of the pi with a RS485 USB cable. This costs me 50 $ that i an use it with raspberry pi because the missing drivers of the cheap solutions. with my wifi solution i am very happy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My first Live demo of a Wifi solar- and battery monitor in OpenPlotter - by tocan - 2017-08-16, 02:21 PM