This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first Live demo of a Wifi solar- and battery monitor in OpenPlotter
- The "new" ESP32 has CAN on board btw.

did buy my first one a wemo but no urgend need for the moment. But ESP 32 is the future. For me as a "Dau" (most stupid user) its a reasonable level.

- I'm a native German speaker and your videos aren't that helpfull to me. I appreciate your affort but the quality is quite poor in respect of an educational purpose.

Did not see that you did make better ones. And like the translations i did make a start. Better than just to consume. For the moment i can not make better ones and the available ones are just in english.

10m is quite cosy I would think about home automation for +50ft but again thats my personal opinion.
I like home automation things also as "Dau" i get reasonable results. Openplotter was one start how to do the things a more easy way. And with FHEM i can do it with the raspberry also and if i run in difficulties there are no attacks more than help.

I agree on this, like I told you in your older thread about the river maps.
Shure OpenCPN is usefull. but for plotter rivers and not all that use Openplotter run with a sailboat. I guess in europe the most use their boats for rivers and so on. Until i did not found a reasonable solution will run just as a side system with openplotter.

MQTT is just a protocol! You dont need Internet to use: MQTT https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/MQTT
I am aware for this but its still not clear enough for me.

Read basic node-red tutorials and work your way to write/read to/from a DB. Read about the dashboard and try to display your data.
I apprechiate this idea. 7 posts of yours 24 in yours activity are that way to comment my effort. the rest is done to correct some java script errors with node red. So i think you have some background in programming and electronics that others do not have.

For the moment its so that i will go the way on with my playground i have that piece of software that fits my needs. i guess it will be interesting for others to have a reasonable solar system on their boat. With grafana i will be close to wilhelm sk that just need a signal k server. scott did write me in the winter he will maybe transfer it to android and because the most chargers use the same modbus in case of success there needs not much adaption...

i have not to run and think next year i will have a reasononable integration.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My first Live demo of a Wifi solar- and battery monitor in OpenPlotter - by tocan - 2017-08-16, 11:41 PM