This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No NMEA UDP input in openplotter/kplex
(2017-11-21, 04:13 PM)reinM Wrote: I want to make a anchorchain counter, so that I can see how much chain is out.

I have 2 x RPI . One is running openplotter . The other one has a python script. For testing he receives data from my GPS through the usb port and is sending out the same data through a udp socket WiFi.

In openplotter I do not receive any data. Not when I have access point working 10.10.10.1 or when I send to 192.168.178.60. 
When I start Opencpn on the same rpi I get in both cases the data in.

When I connect the gps as a serial input to openplotter, I receive the data and can send it out to another external computer with opencpn.

I tried different setups, but I can not get it working. Who can help.
I suspect your networking is not correct. Please supply more information on the network configurations you've tried (including IP addresses in use...

Messages In This Thread
No NMEA UDP input in openplotter/kplex - by reinM - 2017-11-21, 04:13 PM
RE: No NMEA UDP input in openplotter/kplex - by seaspray - 2017-11-27, 12:11 PM