This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
@mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk
(2018-03-29, 06:22 PM)mxtommy Wrote:
(2018-03-29, 04:00 PM)noworries Wrote: I got my gauges all dialed in, and then I changed the IP address of my pi and lost it all.  What's the preferred way to save your setup once you're done?

Can somebody point me in the right direction on how to update KIP?  The Signal K server doesn't show any updates available, but it's 0.1.6 and it looks like the current release is 0.4

Hi!

Currently Kip's config is stored in your browsers LocalStorage, which is tied to the domain(or ip) of the webpage serving kip. It's not the most ideal, but short of some server-side functionally (kip currently is client-side only webapp) there's nowhere else to store it. That said if you go into the settings, there is a config tab that shows json. You can copy that json, and paste it into the same page on a new instance of Kip, and it will load the settings (including the old server URL, so update that if it changed)

As for updating, the actual released version is still 0.1.6. the 0.2/3/4 stuff is my (ever changing) roadmap. I'm hoping to release a 0.1.7 sometime this weekend or next week, which should hit a few of the features I want for 0.2, as well as has a bunch of refactoring under the hood to make things easier for me going forward.

If anyone has suggestions for the config storage, feel free to suggest Smile

Thanks!

Thanks for explanation... I put it in my host file so I could reference it by name, I figured that would work the next time I changed openplotter's address.   I will cut & paste the json

Messages In This Thread
RE: @mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk - by noworries - 2018-04-02, 11:29 PM